Welcome to the Chicago Time Exchange!
If you would like to sign up, please read "IMPORTANT!" below, under "Getting Started with our TimeBank," to ensure you receive the validation email!
The Chicago Time Exchange is currently in the planning/development phase as we are still learning about how to create and operate a TimeBank. We expect all our members to help support the development of the TimeBank—in fact, it will not work without everyone’s support. We want to make this TimeBank a thriving community of exchanges and connections!
The text below is general to all TimeBanks and will be revised to reflect the specific mission and goals of the Chicago Time Exchange.
TimeBanks have three main goals:
· Strengthen the fabric of our community.
· Serve people and give them a means to serve.
· Establish new relationships and meet real needs of our community members.
We recognize that each person has talents to share, and that the overall community is strengthened when neighbors help one another. For every hour that you help meet the needs of another member, you earn a time credit for the exchange. This time credit can then be redeemed for services from others, and the cycle of sharing continues.
Getting started with our TimeBank:
· Create a login and fill out your member profile.
· Be as specific as possible—add a photo and tell about yourself!
· IMPORTANT! After signing up you will be sent an email to validate your account. If you do not see this email in your Inbox within a few minutes, check your junk mail folder. Please "whitelist" Chicago Time Exchange by adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure that email from us does not get sent to your junk mail folder in the future.
· Attend an orientation or call Jami at 816.682.9322 to get your account activated. Your account will not be activated until you complete this step.
· Post at least 2 offers based on your skills, talents, and interests. These are things you can offer other members!
· Post at least 2 requests for skills or talents that other members can provide for you.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank:
· Don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built which strengthen our community.
· Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from other members about the requests of offers you've posted.
· After you've communicated with a member and determined a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements how to coordinate the exchange.
· Fulfill the exchange and record the hours in your account
· Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
· Do this again and again to help keep our TimeBank community alive and flourishing.
· IMPORTANT! One of the expectations of being a member of the Chicago Time Exchange is seeking out people who might use your services or people who provide the things you need. Everyone who supports the Chicago Time Exchange is currently a volunteer. Matching offers and requests is something that is only going to come about through work with the community and having a diverse population. We expect all our members to help us find those matches.
For more information, please contact Jami at email@example.com or 816.682.9322 or visit our blog at chicagotimeexchange.wordpress.com!